While candles add an extra something in the background of our daily activities, there are helpful habits that we can employ to make sure we are safe and the candle performs at its best. Let's dive into some tips that will ensure we maximize our candle's performance.
- When lighting your 4 oz candle for the first time, let it burn for about 2 - 3 hours to allow enough of the wax to melt to the edge of the container and prevent tunneling.
- After the candle has cooled down, put the top back on to preserve the fragrance.
- Before burning a candle, trim the wick to approximately 1/4 of an inch.
- Keep the lighted candle away from any drafts, paper, or cloth.
- Please do not leave a candle burning unattended (and blow it out before leaving the house or going to sleep).
- When only 1/4 of the candle remains, stop the use of it.
What would you add to this list? Happy Candle Burning!
Leave a comment